We are working with our individual clients and partners to determine general guidelines as well as specifc plans unique to each meeting. As we move forward, we welcome the opportunity to work together and learn from our partners
Hilton has recently announced a new program that will launch in June 2020 to upgrade their level of cleanliness and disinfection in their properties around the world. The Hilton CleanStay will build on the current cleaning and hygiene standards of Hilton properties with the help and collaboration of RB cleaning products and experts from Mayo Clinic’s Infection Prevention and Control team.
The program will focus on increasing cleaning and disinfection protocols that will work to protect Hilton Team Members and guests. Hilton CleanStay was developed to meet the health expectations and guidelines put in place in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The full details outlining the program will be announced soon, however, the current considerations discussed within their press release include the following:
- Hilton CleanStay Room Seal: Adding an extra measure of assurance by placing a room seal on doors to indicate to guests their room has not been accessed since being thoroughly cleaned
- 10 High-Touch, Deep Clean Areas: Extra disinfection to most frequently touched guest areas
- De-clutter Paper Amenities: Removing guest room paper amenities and substituting with digital or available upon request
- Focus on Fitness Centers: Enhanced guidelines for disinfection, possibly closing for cleaning multiple times daily, and limiting the number of quests allowed at one time
- Clean and Clean Again: Increase the frequency of cleaning public areas
- Guest-Accessible Disinfecting Wipes: Provide stations at primary entrances and high traffic areas
- Contactless Check-in: Encouraging and improving the Digital Key technology for more contactless arrivals
- Innovative Disinfection Technologies: Hilton is exploring the option of adding new technology to improve disinfection; adding electrostatic sprayers which use an electrostatically charged disinfecting mist, and ultraviolet light to sanitize surfaces and objects
In addition to this, Hilton will provide their Team Members with personal protective equipment and training to ensure their health and well-being. This is an industry defining moment that will pave the way for hotel cleanliness and sanitation protocols as we approach the reopening of travel and business. At Meeting Sites Pro, we are proud to come together as a community to navigate through this time together and look forward to having meetings again soon.